The trend of selling a product has changed in the last decade. The online markets have replaced the physical market. More and more sellers are joining the online market. Sellers sell almost everything on the online platform. As the number of sellers is increasing the competition is also increasing. To match the competition, companies are investing heavily in branding their products. Good branding requires good photos of the product. A perfect picture should not only display the features of the product but also make it look beautiful. This attracts buyers and leads to good sales. Sellers are hiring the best agencies or freelance photographers to do that perfect product photoshoot for them.
Right Equipment For The Photo Shoot
Sometimes a good product picture is sufficient to sell it. But taking that perfect picture requires appropriate equipment and professional experience with some basic tips.
- Right camera with correct lenses: Photographers generally do a product photoshoot in a closed room. A photographer should use the appropriate camera to get that perfect photo of the product. One should carefully choose the lights and lenses for the shoot.
- A smartphone camera can also be used- People spend lakhs over a professional camera. But, you can also perform a photoshoot using a smartphone also. These days’ companies have incorporated smartphones with higher megapixel camera lenses. They also have many features to edit the photo.
- Use a tripod- a tripod is easily available in the market at very low prices. Tripods help to take a consistent picture. These days tripods are of two types. Traditional and flexible. A photographer can select any one of them as per his requirement.
Tips For A Good Photo Shoot
- Choose the correct source of light- the correct light enhances the features of the product. Every product requires a different lighting setup. Natural light or artificial light can be used for photography. Natural light is the sunlight. If the product requires outdoor shoot natural light is preferred. For indoors artificial light is preferred.
- Avoid shadows of the product- there are 3 ways to do it. The first way is to use additional light. Fit this additional light on the opposite of the main light. This will soften the original shadow. The second way is to use a flashcard. You can attach it to the back of the flashlight. This card softens the light flashed on the product. The third way is to use a standalone flashcard. This card is placed at the back of the product to give that perfect picture.
- Shoot more than one picture- this means that take several picture of the same product from different angles. Later you can select the best picture.
Taking a perfect product picture requires a lot of patience and skills. This can help a seller to increase his business. Photoshoots might require some investment. But this investment is worth making.